12 Round Pty Ltd (ACN 169 373 371) recognises the importance of privacy and supports best practice procedures in the way your personal information is handled. We manage and maintain an internet website which provides information and services in regards to 12RND Fitness. Through this internet web portal, we may collect personal information from you. We also may collect personal information from you that you provide via telephone, email, in person, in marketing material or telephone recordings.
1. PRIVACY COMPLIANCE
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
(c) ‘Personal information’ includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details.
(d) When you make an enquiry we ask that you provide basic contact information such as your name, phone number, address, and email address so that we can process it. We may also collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you make a Membership application through our website, provide feedback, change your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with 12RND Fitness personnel.
(f) When you visit our website, our server also makes a record of your visit and may log the following information depending upon the features you access or use on our website:
- (i) your name;
- (ii) your mailing or street address;
- (iii) your email address;
- (iv) your telephone number and other contact details;
- (v) your age or date of birth;
- (vi) your credit card information;
- (vii) your server IP address;
- (viii) your top level domain (for example .com, .gov, .net .au, etc.);
- (ix) the pages you accessed and the documents downloaded;
- (x) the date and time of your visit to the site;
- (xi) information you provide to us through your use of the Site including when booking or completing customer surveys;
- (xii) the previous site you have visited;
- (xiii) the type of browser you are using;
- (xiv) your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- (xv) details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- (xvi) any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- (xvii) any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
(a) to enable you to access and use our website and services;
(b) to proceed and record any Membership application made through our website, including via linked websites operated by third party agents, software licensors or contractors;
(c) to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website and services, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
(d) to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
(e) to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
(f) to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners; and
(g) to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
4. HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED?
We may use personal information collected from you for the following purposes:
(a) providing you with direct marketing material;
(b) providing you with information in the form of a newsletter;
(c) dealing with enquiries from you;
(d) to answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products and services;
(e) to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
(f) to process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
(g) to enable our business partners and/or independent contractors to provide services to you.
5. HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
(b) We may disclose personal information that we collect:
- (i) to our related entities, employees, contractors or agents, business partners or third party sites;
- (ii) to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- (iii) to our professional advisors;
- (iv) to our marketing agencies;
- (v) to organisations that acquire all or part of our assets or business;
- (vi) to government and regulatory authorities; and
- (vii) to our information technology provider for the purpose of storing, monitoring and modifying our data.
(c) We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive.
(d) We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party providers comply with the APPs, or are subject to a law or scheme that is at least substantially similar to the way in which the APPs protect personal information.
6. HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED AND SECURED?
(a) We may store your personal information electronically or in hard copy or both.
(b) We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site, and we periodically update our security measures in light of current technologies.
(d) We only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and we are required to keep it to comply with any laws. We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to destroy or de-identify personal information which we no longer need. These measures may vary depending on the personal information held.
(e) The provision of personal information by you is at your own risk. On our receipt of your personal information we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of your personal information on our systems.
7. IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES?
8. OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
We may disclose, transfer or store personal information collected by us outside of Australia to our web hosting providers, data centres, Membership application and/or payment processing providers located in New Zealand, Singapore and/or the United States of America, which may include GYMMASTER and EziDebit, among others. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the APPS.
9. USING OUR WEBSITE AND COOKIES
(a) We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
(b) While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
(c) We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
10. HOW DO I SEEK TO ACCESS AND/OR CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
(e) You can request access to your personal information held by us. We may ask that you put the request in writing and may also require some verified proof of identification before releasing or correcting any personal information. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why.
(f) We take the accuracy of your personal information seriously. If you are aware that the information we hold relating to you is inaccurate, incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us using the form below and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
(g) We may charge you a reasonable fee for searching for and providing access to your personal information. However, we will not charge you for the making of the request or to update your personal information.
Our website contains links to other sites operated by third parties, these links are meant for your convenience only. Links to third party sites do not constitute sponsorship or endorsement or approval of these sites. Please be aware that 12 Round Pty Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware, when they leave our site, to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
13. MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
14. HOW TO CONTACT US
Effective: July 2016